As a busy mom of three kids I run around all day so the fact that women’s sneakers are making a big footprint in fashion (yes that was my attempt at cute pun) is amazing. I have always liked sneakers but recently I feel that the sneaker game has been taken to the next level.
My newest sneaker additions include snake skin and glitter. The best part is they are so comfortable and stylish at the same time.
With so many options to choose from how do you pick the right sneaker for you? Below are a few popular brands of fashion sneakers and my review.
Based in Venice, Italy and born in 2000 by two young Venetian designers, Francesca Rinaldo and Alessandro Gallo. These sneakers are best known for their trademark distressed look and star emblem. To be honest, I currently do not own a pair. I have thought about it multiple times but have yet to bring myself to spend $500 plus for a pair of sneakers.
- They are already distressed so you do not have to worry about trying to keep them so clean.
- You can wear these sneakers with anything. I have seen them paired with leggings, denim, dresses, skirts, shorts. You name it and it looked cute.
- The leather is a great quality
- They are everything you would think a street style sneaker should look like, chic yet sporty.
- A lot of really cute colors and style combinations
- It seems there is a small break in period but once you wear them a few times they become more comfortable.
- They are expensive
If you really want a sneaker that resembles the style of a Golden Goose but are more affordable, then I would suggest checking out Steven by Steve Madden. I picked up a pair of Steven New York Rubie Star Sneakers and they are cute, affordable and comfortable. There are two styles, silver glitter and natural multi. Of course I went for the natural multi as it has a pink star and snake skin design but the silver glitter is a great choice for a shoe that will match anything.
An Italian luxury brand sneaker for men and women which described by the brand as “the perfect synthesis of vintage and modern.” My sister just got a pair of the John Multicolor Glitter and loves them.
- They are instantly comfortable without a long break in period
- A lot of fun color and style combinations
- They are more expensive then the average sneaker
A French born shoe company that uses organic or recycled and fairly traded material for their shoes. Recycled bottles are also used to make the fabrics.
- I love that they use materials that are recycled
- Great classic looks
- Look flattering
- Difficult to break in
From what I understand, the stiff leather tongue and the heel make it hard to break these sneakers in. There are a few tricks I have seen some bloggers use to help the break in time so if you are interested in these shoes you can definitely speed up the process.
These sneakers are a little different style than the previous ones I have been talking about but I wanted to mention them because they are so comfortable and durable. According to their website has they have taken 37 million plus single use plastic bottles and turned them into signature thread. I love when fashion meet environmentally friendly!
- They can be washed in the washing machine just make sure not to put in the dryer.
- Easy to slip on
- The insole can be changed out and/or washed
- They do not stretch after time. I have had mine over a year and they still fit great.
- Very comfortable
- Zero break in period
- Crafted from repurposed water bottles.
- There are no lace sneaker options if you like that look
- Various patterns but only one style of sneaker
If you are interested in getting yourself a pair of Rothys check out this link for a discount.
There are millions of other great sneaker choices these are just a few of the ones that I have seen that have been getting some recent hype. If you scoop a pair after reading this article I would love to know your feedback on your choice. Happy sneaker shopping!!
I want to thank my sister Michelle and my friend Kim for their contributions to this article.