I felt like I have been making the same dinners over and over again in quarantine so I decided to try and find some new quick easy meals to make. This one was inspired from a few recipes and I combined them to make it my own. It is definitely more of a comfort food dish but you can alter the ingredients for a more healthy option.
- 1 (12 oz) bag of tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 jar of salsa
- 2 onions
- 1 25 oz can of chili and beans (I used Hormel)
1.Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place tortilla chips in a blender and pour in the melted butter, continue until well combined. (I waited until the butter cooled and just tossed it in the tortilla bag and crunched the bag) Press into the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish and bake for 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped peppers and onion until they are soft. Then add the can of chili and mix.
3. Pour the salsa in the pan and add 1 cup of the cheese. Mix together and then pour the mixture onto the prepared tortilla chips.
4. Add remaining cheese to the top and bake for 25 minutes.
I have to say it was a hit with the family! It is very hard to find a dish that all five of us like. You can also add black olives or green onions to the top depending on your preference. Hope you enjoy!